Bayview Mission is a Special Mission of the Episcopal Diocese of California with strong support from Grace Cathedral. It provides much needed services, food and supplies to residents of the Bayview/Hunters Point neighborhoods.
Calling all mask makers: Join St. Veronica’s Guild!
Are you making or distributing masks? Are you wondering where to get masks for yourself, your family and friends, your congregation or the shelter in your town? Have you realized you aren’t going to use up all those cotton prints, ribbons and packages of elastic you’ve been saving for years? Are you a non-sewer looking for a way to help with the huge need for personal protective equipment? Please click here to learn more, and visit the St. Veronica’s Guild Facebook page.
About Bayview Mission
Where is it?
Bayview Mission is housed on a residential block in a Victorian home at 1547 Jerrold Avenue in San Francisco. We are easily accessible on public transportation including the SF Muni T Line (stop is Third Street/Kirkwood/LaSalle).
When is it?
Bayview Mission is currently open every Monday in continued service to local residents in need until the crisis is over.
On Mondays from 9 – 11 am, we will fill bags with food, diapers, toiletries and other supplies (as available) for our families with infants and toddlers in addition to seniors.
How do I get involved?
For those who wish to donate for the holidays, we are currently accepting:
New towels and washcloths
Diapers and training pants
New/unused baby clothing (onesies, etc.) and baby blankets
New boxed toys, such as Legos
It is also our hope to provide families with paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissue, soap, detergent, adult socks, and non-toxic cleaning supplies. If you are in a position to bring some of these supplies to Bayview Mission, our families would be very grateful. Lastly, handmade Christmas cards would be a lovely touch!
* Due to current Covid guidelines, we are not currently able to accept any used clothing, towels, etc.
Please note: if you are 65 years of age or older, or living with any underlying chronic health conditions, you will not be able to volunteer until the shelter-in-place mandate is lifted or further instruction is given by our government.
Let’s work together as a community to stay safe and healthy.
What if I don’t have time to volunteer?
We gratefully accept donations via cash, check, clothing and household items to support our work.
- To donate high end designer clothing, please email Martha Stabler.
- Donate gently used clothing/household items to Community Thrift. At Community Thrift, be sure to specify that your donation is for Bayview Mission – Account #146. Drop off location, times and acceptable merchandise can be found here or by calling 415-861-4910.
- Checks may be made out to “Bayview Mission” and sent to Grace Cathedral Attn: Rev. Cn. Nina Pickerrell, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
- You may also donate online. Please select “Bayview Mission” in the dropdown menu.
Telephone: (415) 749-6351