Bayview Mission is a Special Mission of the Episcopal Diocese of California with strong support from Grace Cathedral. It provides much needed services, food and supplies to residents of the Bayview/Hunters Point neighborhoods.
About Bayview Mission
Where is it?
Bayview Mission is housed on a residential block in a Victorian home at 1547 Jerrold Avenue in San Francisco. We are easily accessible on public transportation including the SF Muni T Line (stop is Third Street/Kirkwood/LaSalle).
When is it?
We run programs on the 2nd and 3rd Mondays of each month, from 10 am – 1 pm.
2nd Mondays: Families with Infants & Toddlers and Neighborhood Seniors
3rd Mondays: Neighborhood Seniors and Community Outreach
Now offering volunteer opportunities on the first and fourth Saturday of each month at 10 am – 2 pm!
How do I get involved?
Contact Nina Pickertell. Work parties on Saturdays or Sundays can be arranged at the request of organizations, churches and youth groups by appointment. We are now offering volunteer opportunities on the first and fourth Saturdays of each month from 10 am to 2 pm!
What if I don’t have time to volunteer?
We gratefully accept donations via cash, check, clothing and household items to support our work.
- To donate high end designer clothing, please email Martha Stabler.
- Donate gently used clothing/household items to Community Thrift. At Community Thrift, be sure to specify that your donation is for Bayview Mission – Account #146. Drop off location, times and acceptable merchandise can be found here or by calling 415-861-4910.
- Checks may be made out to “Bayview Mission” and sent to Grace Cathedral Attn: Rev. Cn. Nina Pickerrell, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
- You may also donate online. Please select “Bayview Mission” in the dropdown menu.
Bayview Mission Wish List
- Onesies – all sizes
- Baby Blankets
- Infant/Toddler Socks
- Gentle used children’s books
- Children’s bubbles
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Bar soap, deodorant, lotion, shampoo, lotion (travel size)
- Health bars
- Cleaning Supplies, sponges, detergent, dish soap, bleach
- Sandwhich ziplock bags.