Bayview Mission is a Special Mission of the Episcopal Diocese of California with strong support from Grace Cathedral.
It provides much-needed services, food and supplies to residents of the Bayview/Hunters Point neighborhoods. Bayview Mission has adapted throughout this unprecedented and challenging time in our world and continues to serve our local community with love and dedication.
About Bayview Mission
What is it?
Bayview Mission is housed on a residential block in a Victorian home at 1547 Jerrold Avenue in San Francisco. We are easily accessible on public transportation, including the SF Muni T Line (the stop is Third Street/Kirkwood/LaSalle).
Bayview Mission is currently open every Monday in continued service to local residents in need until the crisis is over. On Mondays from 9 to 11 am, we will fill bags with food, diapers, toiletries, and other supplies (as available) for our families with infants and toddlers in addition to seniors.
How do I get involved?
For those who wish to donate, we are currently accepting:
• New socks for adults
• New socks for children
• Baby wipes
• New/unused baby clothing (onesies, etc.) and baby blankets
• Diapers and training pants
• Toenail clippers/manicure kits for adults
• Dental supplies: toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss
• Unused/unopened toiletries
• New towels and washcloths
• New boxed toys such as Legos, arts & crafts kits, science-inspired toys, etc.
It is also our hope to provide families with paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissue, soap, detergent, adult socks, and non-toxic cleaning supplies. If you are in a position to bring some of these supplies to Bayview Mission, our families would be very grateful. Lastly, we collect for the holidays throughout the year, and handmade Christmas cards are a welcome donation!
Please note: if you are 65 years of age or older or living with any underlying chronic health conditions, you will not be able to volunteer until the shelter-in-place mandate is lifted or further instruction is given by our government.
Let’s work together as a community to stay safe and healthy.
What if I don't have time to volunteer?
We gratefully accept donations via cash, checks, clothing, and household items to support our work.
• To donate high-end designer clothing, please email Martha Stabler.
• Donate gently used clothing/household items to Community Thrift. At Community Thrift, specify that your donation is for Bayview Mission – Account #146. Drop-off location, times, and acceptable merchandise can be found here or by calling 415-861-4910.
• Checks may be made to “Bayview Mission” and sent to Grace Cathedral Attn: The Ven. Canon Nina Pickerrell, 1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.
• You may also donate online. Please select “Bayview Mission” in the dropdown menu.