Grace Cathedral is deeply concerned about the epidemic of gun violence in the United States.
We have turned this concern into action by partnering with the Brady Campaign and Moms Demand Action, leadership in the Stop Family Fire campaign and participation in the March for Our Lives movement.
49 Farolitos: Art Installation
Saturday, June 9 through Sunday, June 24
This installation by James Nocito pays tribute to the people murdered in the Orlando nightclub shooting on June 12, 2016. Nocito’s simple and dignified portraits are a moving reminder of this tragic loss and also, a reminder that love is stronger than hate.
Gun Buyback at Bayview Mission
Saturday, August 4 at 9 am – 2 pm
Victims of Gun Violence Altar
The gun violence altar commemorates local people killed by guns and provides both a space for prayer and material to help people take action. You can light a candle, pray and write your own prayer for the victims or for our country.
Learn more about social justice and social outreach at Grace Cathedral.
If you would like to do more now, consider:
- Supporting the Brady Campaign or Moms Demand Action financially or as a volunteer
- Inform yourself and lobby your senator about Senate Bill 1200
- Inform yourself and lobby your congress representative about Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation
- Check any guns you own are stored safely and securely
- Ask about guns in the house and how they are secured when your child is invited to a friend’s home.