Grace Cathedral is deeply concerned about the epidemic of gun violence in the United States.
We are heartbroken and praying for all those killed or injured in the El Paso, Dayton and Gilroy’s shootings. We will be praying at all services through the week for all touched by these tragedies and to end gun violence. Please consider visiting our Victims of Gun Violence Altar to add your prayers and thoughts.
We have turned this concern into action by partnering with the Brady Campaign and Moms Demand Action, leadership in the Stop Family Fire campaign and participation in the March for Our Lives movement.
Victims of Gun Violence Altar
The gun violence altar commemorates local people killed by guns and provides both a space for prayer and material to help people take action. You can light a candle, pray and write your own prayer for the victims or for our country.
Learn more about social justice and social outreach at Grace Cathedral.
If you would like to do more now, consider:
- Supporting the Brady Campaign or Moms Demand Action financially or as a volunteer
- Informing yourself and lobby your senator about Senate Bill 1200
- Informing yourself and lobby your congress representative about Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation
- Checking any guns you own are stored safely and securely
- Asking about guns in the house and how they are secured when your child is invited to a friend’s home.