Whenever possible, we encourage the use of public transportation. Parking on Nob Hill is fairly scarce. If you need to drive, consider parking somewhere along the #1 California MUNI bus line. It is one the city’s most frequent, dependable lines and has very convenient stops near the Cathedral both inbound and outbound.
- The 1 California bus stops at Sacramento and Mason-Taylor (outbound) or Clay and Taylor, walk one block south (inbound).
- The 27 Bryant bus stops at Leavenworth and California (northbound), walk one block east (up the hill) or Hyde and Sacramento (southbound), walk two blocks east and one block south.
- The California Street Cable Car stops at California and Taylor which is at the foot of the Great Stairs
- The Powell-Hyde and Powell-Mason Cable Cars stop at Powell and California, walk two blocks west (up the hill)
- All of the above lines connect with Market Street buses, streetcars, subways, and BART. The two closest BART stations are Embarcadero and Powell. If you wish to walk from BART to the Cathedral, Powell is closer but please note that the Powell Street hill is quite steep. If you wish to take public transportation to the Cathedral, Embarcadero is a better choice since both the California Street Cable Car and the 1 California bus have stops nearby.
- Daytime street parking near the Cathedral is limited to two hours, except on Sundays. There is no parking on the north (even) side of Sacramento on Weekdays from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.. Please note that the tow-away zone is strictly enforced.
$4.00 per 15 minutes
$38.00 per 24 hours
Early Bird Special:
Monday – Friday: If drivers park in the garage before 9 a.m. and leave before 6 p.m., there is a $12.00 flat-rate fee.
Sunday: If drivers park in the garage before 11 a.m.and leave before 6 p.m., there is a $12.00 flat-rate fee.
Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Type: Pay on Exit, Underground, Lit
Features: Remote Management Service, CCTV, Bike rack for six bicycles located to the right just inside the garage entrance.
Payments accepted: Debit Card, Credit Card, Monthly Parking
Height restrictions: 8′ 2″ (2.48m)
Number of spaces: 125
Other Garages in the Immediate Area
- Masonic Center Garage: across the street at California Street between Taylor and Jones.
- Crocker Garage: 1/2 block away on California Street between Taylor and Mason.
Use your favorite online mapping site or enter our address into your GPS: 1100 California St, San Francisco, CA 94108.