Cathedral School for Boys (CSB) strives to provide education in the best traditions of the Episcopal Church and in consonance with the mission of Grace Cathedral. We believe that this education is derived from three main sources:
The boys of the Cathedral Choir are students at the Cathedral School for Boys. For more information on music at Grace Cathedral, click here.
In 1957, a campaign under the leadership of Dean C. Julian Bartlett was spearheaded by a group of dedicated parents looking for alternatives to the current school offerings in San Francisco. Cathedral School for Boys opens its doors with two teachers and eleven students in grades four and five. The Reverend Canon David Forbes was Acting Headmaster.
By June 1960, CSB had grown to seventy-five students and graduated it first class of fourteen boys.
The original school building, completed in 1966, included classrooms, a library and science laboratory, and a rooftop playground. In 1996, a building expansion to provide additional classroom, music, drama, extended daycare and office space, and to remodel the library, was completed. A new art studio opened in the fall of 2000. A remodel of the cathedral crypt area which houses our technology lab, gymnasium, Gresham Hall lunchroom and modern theater was completed in 2006.
Website Design and Content Management by 1250 Media